Congratulations Jo Goodall & Jas Schembri!
Please join us in congratulating the 2022 DWEN UK Dream Tech 1st place winners – Jo Goodall and Jas Schembri, Co-founders of Luna. Luna is a digital app created by Jo & Jas in partnership with medical professionals and other teens across the UK, providing a space where teens can learn, read, and ask about a variety of health and wellbeing topics that aren’t always taught in school.
Learn more about Luna here and see how Jo & Jas are helping teens recognize fact from fiction, understanding enough about their bodies to raise concerns to the right people, and providing the right content to help them make informed decisions.
2022 UK DWEN Dream Tech Contest – 2nd & 3rd Place Winners
The 2022 DWEN UK Dream Tech contest 2nd place winners are Dini McGrath and Alina Sartogo, Co-founders of The Wonki Collective. The Wonki Collective is a subscription-based grocery service on a mission to reduce food waste and bring you high quality, health food that doesn’t cost the world.
Learn more about The Wonki Collective here and see how Dini and Alina are working to break the food waste cycle and rescuing deliciously Wonki groceries.
The 2022 DWEN UK Dream Tech contest 3rd place winners are co-founders of Team Repair, Megan Hale & Anais Engelmann. Team Repair is a sustainable monthly subscription service teaching children science, technology and repair. In an effort to get more children interested in STEM, reduce electronic waste and prove toys can be circular, the engineering minds of Megan & Anais developed a monthly subscription box and app experience that exposes children each month to a new gadget where they follow guided tutorials, get hands-on practice and learn proper engineering practices.
Learn more about how Team Repair is inspiring science and technology curiosity while teaching sustainability and how to repair real gadgets.
Jo Goodall, Co-founder
Jas Schembri, Co-founder
Dini McGrath, Co-founder
Alina Sartogo, Co-founder
Megan Hale, Co-founder & CEO
Anaïs Engelmann, Co-founder
Simi Lindgren , CEO
Deborah Ajaja, Founder & Creative Director
Sorry. This form is no longer available.
In 2021, Kristian Rene at Campworks won the first grand prize cycle $60K of Dell Technology. During our second 2021 cycle, Chrishon Lampley, founder of Love Cork Screw, won the $40K grand prize. Kate Flynn, founder of Sun & Swell Foods, won second place for $15K worth of Dell technology, and Felicia Jackson, Founder of CPR Wrap, won up to $5K worth Dell tech!
- UK DWEN member with profile on dwen.com
- UK registered business
- Must have less than 100 employees
- Must have a female founder/cofounder in place
- Must be over 18
- Must be a resident of the UK
- Voting is now closed.
- Our three lucky winners will be notified and announced shortly.
We want to hear your story!
Your next power move could be on us.
No matter how you work, Dell and Microsoft have the right solution for you.
Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network (DWEN) is a prestige networking community and resource organization designed for modern, future-focused women entrepreneurs (WEs) in pursuit of scale. In partnership with Microsoft, we’ve officially launched the 2022 DWEN Dream Tech Contest, a search for high-caliber women entrepreneurs who embrace tech as part of their growth strategy.
Let us hear it! We want to know how your business is unique, impactful or game-changing. Tell us about your most audacious business objectives and how you plan to meet them! The contest is open exclusively to US DWEN members. The US application cycle is open Monday, May 16 through June 30, ultimately wrapping with Dell technology awarded to three DWEN members by summer’s end. Our US grand prize winner will win up to $40K, second place $15K, and third place $5K.
Fill out the 2022 application below.
Meet Faye Whitely – 2021 1st Place Winner
After a spontaneous encounter with a tired bee, Faye and her partner Jake were inspired to invent the world’s first Bee Revival kit, and their company Beevive was born. After winning 1st place, and £25k of Dell tech, in our first UK Dream Tech Contest, Faye and Jake have also featured in the Dell Technologies ‘Businesses we Love’ social media campaign. Discover Beevive’s story here.
Meet Kanwal Bhatia – 2021 2nd Place Winner
2nd place winner of the 2021 UK Dream Tech Contest and receiving £10k worth of Dell tech, was Kanwal Bhatia, Chief Scientific Officer and founder of tech start up Metalynx. Learn more about Metalynx here.
Meet Tash Grossman – 2021 3rd Place Winner
Securing £5k of Dell tech as our 3rd place winner in the 2021 UK Dream Tech Contest, was founder and CEO, Tash Grossmann of tech company Slip, a company leading the receipt revolution. You can learn more about Tash’s story here.
SEE IT. WANT IT. OWN IT.
Join DWEN, a network where empowered women want to empower you.
DWEN Dream Tech Promotion Terms and Conditions 2022
- General conditions for participation
- The Organizer of this Promotion is Dell Corporation Limited, 1st & 2nd Floor, One Creechurch Place, London EC3A 5AF . This Promotion will be governed by these terms and conditions. By means of their registration to enter this Promotion, entrants agree that they have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- This Promotion is open to UK DWEN members with a profile on dwen.com, who have a registered UK business with 0-99 employees, and who are residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 and over only excluding employees and immediate relatives of employees of the Organizer, its parent, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this Promotion.
- Participation is permitted irrespective of purchase of a product/service. No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per person, per email address is permitted.
- In case of non-compliance with any of these rules or any behavior that is considered defamatory, offensive or illegal the Organizer reserves the right to reject the entrant from the Promotion.
- The Organizer takes no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- Use of any automated system to participate, any form of ‘Likes’ purchasing, or use of any bulk votes services, is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Any potential Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- Promotion details:
- The Promotion starts on 1st September 2022 at 7am BST and closes at 11.59pm BST on 9th October 2022. The Promotion will consist of the following phases:
1st September 2022 at 7am
9th October 2022 at 11.59pm
1st October 2022
10th – 14th October 2022
15 Semi-Finalists Upload Video
8th October 2022
15th – 30th October 2022
Judging – Internal Panel
24th October 2022
31st October – 6th November 2022
31st October 2022 at 7am
7th – 13th November 2022 at 11.59pm
Winners will be announced on the UK DWEN website as soon as possible after the Judging Public end date.
- Only DWEN members are eligible to participate. To become a DWEN member, entrants must fill out a short application (at: www.dwen.com/dreamtech), and opt-in to become a DWEN member. Upon submission of a successful application, an email will be sent out to receive a link to the Promotion registration form. For existing DWEN members, a link to the Promotion registration form will be sent via email, and a DWEN member-only click-through button to the Promotion registration form will also be available on dwen.com/dreamtech. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree that their entry submission (“Submission”) conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Organizer may disqualify entrants from the Promotion if it believes, in its sole discretion, that a Submission fails to conform to the Submission Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The Submission includes a fully completed Promotion registration form in text format developed by the Organizer of the Promotion. After the Promotion registration form closes, 15 semi-finalists will be chosen and contacted to submit a short video (approx. 3 min), introducing themselves, their company, and what goals and/or challenges would be addressed if they were to win the prize money.
- After the video submissions are closed, 5 finalists will be selected by the judging panel and the public will then vote on the finalists’ Submissions via https://dwen.com/dreamtech-uk/.
- The Submission must be in English; and
- The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not disparage Organizer or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Promotion;
- The Submission must not feature brand names or trademarks other than Dell’s mark, which Entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate into their Submission for this Promotion;
- The Submission must not contain text not created by Entrant;
- The Submission must not contain text that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain text that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
- Selection of Winners and Prizes:
- There will be one (1) first place winner, one (1) second place winner, and one (1) third place winner. After the conclusion of the Promotion end date, a panel of qualified judges decided by the Organizer in its sole discretion will select and determine the winners from among all eligible Submissions received, based on an application of the following criteria:
Selection of 15 semi-finalists:
- Completeness of application form (15%);
- Compelling business story: Unique products or services offered; Driving community or sustainability impact; Technology as an essential component of business / growth plan (35%); and
- Fit to Promotion Theme – A compelling technology need to grow your business (50%)
Selection of 5 finalists:
The 15 semi-finalists will be asked to submit a 3 min video and provide a summary of how the prize would help their business and include a high-resolution photo of the owner/entrepreneur. 5 finalists will then be selected based on:
- Creativity/Originality of video submission (15%);
- Completeness of application form (15%);
- Compelling business story: Unique products or services offered; Driving community or sustainability impact; Technology as an essential component of business / growth plan (20%); and
- Fit to Promotion Theme – A compelling technology need to grow your business (50%)
Selection of first place, second place, and third place winners:
Each of the five finalists’ video submissions will be posted on the Dell YouTube channel and hosted on https://dwen.com/dreamtech-uk/ where the public will be able to vote for their favourite submission. The three finalists with the first, second, and third highest number of votes at the ‘Judging Public’ end date will be the first, second and third place winners respectively. Edits of the five finalists’ video submissions will be shared on the individual finalist’s Instagram posts on @delluk handle with information to view the full video and to vote on the dwen.com landing page.
- The judging panel will be comprised of representatives of the Organizer. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into. In the event of a tie, the Entrant(s) whose Submission received the higher score in the DWEN Tech Makeover Promotion as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential finalists/winners, as applicable.
- The Winners will be announced on the DWEN website: https://com/dreamtech-uk/, the Dell UK Instagram, and Twitter page with first name and first capital of the surname as soon as possible after the ‘Judging Public’ end date set out in clause 2(a) above. The Winners will also be informed that they have won by the Organizervia email, using the email address they have provided.
- The Winners may be requested to provide further personal data in order for the Organizer to contact them. In the event the e-mail is returned as undeliverable, or a Winner declines a Prize, the relevant entry will be disqualified and a new Winner will be selected by the judging panel. The Organizer will fulfill shipment of the Prize and will contact the Winners to arrange an appropriate day and time for the delivery of the Prize within a time period determined by the Organizer. Please note that each Winner must claim their Prize (by placing an order(s) with Dell for Dell technical solutions up to the value of their respective Prize) by 31st December 2022.
- The first place Winner will win Dell technical solutions, tailored for their business, with a value up to £25,000.00, the second place Winner will win Dell technical solutions, tailored for their business, with a value up to £10,000.00, and the third place Winner will win Dell technical solutions, tailored for their business, with a value up to £5,000.00. Dell technical advisors will consult with all Winners to recommend appropriate Dell technical solutions for their respective businesses and in accordance with the amount of the applicable prize.
- No cash alternative, where relevant. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be carried over after 31st December 2022.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the Prize description.
- Your privacy and collection of personal data:
By clicking the “entry” button, the following data of the entrants will be captured by the Organizer: Social media sign up ID, name and email address.
Organizer may transfer your personal information to affiliated companies outside the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA) such as Dell Inc. in the United States of America. By entering this Promotion, you will be deemed to: (i) have accepted these Terms and Conditions; (ii) warrant that any information you submit is accurate and relates only to yourself and (iii) if you are a Winner, you agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Organizer including the publication of your name, photograph and a testimonial by you, in various media including on the Internet.
- Limitations of Liability: Organizer, Dell Inc. and its subsidiaries, and their agents are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, provided this is done before the relevant closing date.
- Use of Submission materials
- Permission to use Submission content: The entrants hereby grant to the Organizer for the full term of any rights that may exist in their Submission a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, sub-licensable right to use their Submission as follows (without payment to the entrants or any third party):
- to play, publish, make available to the public, perform, display, reproduce, distribute and otherwise use their Submission on any and all media (whether now known or invented in the future) worldwide;
- to host, store, copy, modify, adapt, edit, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works and/or otherwise treat in any way entrants’ Submissions at the discretion of the Organizer;
- the Organizer may (but is not obliged to) identify any entrant as the creator or author when their Submission appears on any and all media, for example, by displaying an entrant’s name or Submission; and
- to sub-licence the rights in entrants’ Submissions to third parties.
- Entrants’ promise in relation to Submission content: Each entrant undertakes that:
- The Submission is original and that they are the only creator, author and owner of their Submission. If they are not the exclusive owner, they have received written consent from the owner to submit the Submission, to grant to the Organizer the rights to use and to sub-licence the Submission as set out above;
- The use of the Submission by the PromoterOrganizer and/or any other sub-licencee will not infringe any intellectual property or other rights of any third party (for example trademarks, copyright, privacy rights etc.). Entrants whose Submission contains any underlying copyrights such as music, lyrics, film footage, artwork or other copyright material owned by any other person, confirm that they have obtained all necessary consents in writing (including from other people appearing in their Submission) necessary for the Organizer and/or any other sub-licensee to use the Submission as set out above;
- The Submission does not contain or make reference to anything that is defamatory, offensive or illegal;
- The Submission is free from any right or claim by anyone under any recording contract, publishing contract, or any union, guild or collecting society such as the Performing Rights Society. Entrants agree to inform the Organizer immediately if this status changes;
- The Submission has not previously been entered in any other Promotion, and has not been previously published in any medium; and
- They have permission from all individuals mentioned in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein.
- Moderation of Submission content: Entrants must not include in their Submission any information they do not want other people to see. The Organizer is entitled to moderate and/or monitor any Submissions in connection with the Promotion and entrants consent to any such moderating and/or monitoring.
- Governing law: These Promotion terms and conditions will be governed by English law.