The COVID-19 pandemic is changing the way we live and work around the world and adjusting can be difficult. Working remotely can pose a number of benefits and challenges in the digital age. Especially in light of recent travel bans and “shelter-in-place” policies being implemented around the world, it can be tough (and scary!) to maintain business-as-usual without disruption to your productivity.
Becoming a WFH pro
Whether it’s minimizing new distractions or navigating video conferencing, here are a few pointers from Dell that can help you stay on top of your game while working from home:
- Learn your working style. It may be different than it is in the office, but it could make you even more productive.
- Have a dedicated workspace. Working in a consistent spot can help you stay focused.
- Interact with people face-to-face, even if it’s through video conferencing, so you avoid feeling isolated.
- When on a web meeting, avoid other internet activities that can drain your bandwidth, such as downloading large files.
- Take breaks. It’s important to clear your mind every once-in-a-while.
- Shut off when you’re finished. Just because you’re working from home, that doesn’t mean your work life should intrude on your home life.
We’re also sharing a list of resources from LinkedIn to help people transition to a work from home environment or managing a remote work force:
- Working Remotely – 1 hr
- Time Management: Working From Home – 1hr 25 min
- Being an effective Team Member – 31 min
- Productivity Tips: Finding Your Productive Mindset – 59 min
- Leading at a Distance – 36 min
- Balancing Work and Life – 28 min
- Thriving @ Work: Leveraging the Connection between Well-being and Productivity – 41 min
- Managing Stress for Positive Change – 57 min
Our top tip for staying productive?
Lean on your fellow DWEN members during these uncertain times. There are many members in our community who have faced these challenges and worked through them successfully with unique approaches that might work for you as well. You can start by searching our member directory by industry or geographic location, or exploring the discussion forums to share your thoughts and questions!