2023 DWEN AUSTRALIA DREAM TECH COMPETITION RULES
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The promoter of the “DWEN AUSTRALIA DREAM TECH CONTEST 2023”(Contest) is Dell Australia Pty Limited of Tower A, Levels 1-5, 821 Pacific Highway, Chatswood, NSW 2067 Australia (Promoter).
3. The Contest commences at 12:01 am (AEST) on 15th September 2023 and closes at 11:59 pm on 20th October 2023 (Contest Period) and consists of the following phases with approximate dates subject to change below.
Entry to Contest
15 September 2023
20 October 2023
Judging 7 Finalists
23 October 2023
27 October 2023
7 Finalists upload video
30 October 2023
13 November 2023
Judging 7 Finalists’ videos
14 November 2023
28 November 2023
Announcement 3 top winners
By 15 December 2023
Administrator’s computer (based in Australia) is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. Entry in the Contest is free and entries must be completed within the Contest Period. The Contest is open to individuals who meet the Eligibility Criteria (Eligible Entrants).
5. To enter the Contest, you as Eligible Entrant must meet the following criteria (Eligibility Criteria):
- you must be an Australian resident;
- you must not be a director or employee of the Promoter or an immediate family member of a director or employee of the Promoter;
- you must be a DWEN member;
- you must have a business with up to 100 employees in Australia;
- your business must be female founded / co-founded or woman owned / co-owned; and
- you must be comfortable with responding and filming a couple of questions in video based on guidelines to be shared if selected a finalist.
6. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
Entering the Contest
7. Entry into the Contest must be undertaken during the Contest Period as follows:
How to Enter: Only DWEN members are eligible to participate. To become a DWEN member, you must fill out a short application (at: https://dwen.com/dreamtech-australia/ ), and opt-into becoming a DWEN member. Upon submission of the application, an email will be prompted to receive a link to the Contest registration form. For existing DWEN members a link to the Contest registration form will be sent via email and also have a DWEN member only click through button to the Contest registration form on https://dwen.com/dreamtech-australia/. By entering this Contest you agree that your entry (Your Entry) conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Promoter may disqualify You from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that Your Entry fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
The Submission includes a fully completed Contest registration form in text format developed by the Promoter of the Contest. After the Contest registration form closes, 7 finalists will be chosen and contacted to submit a short video (of up to 3 min), introducing yourself, your company, and what goals and/or challenges would be addressed if you were to win the prize hereunder.
After the video submissions are closed, Dell will select the 3 winners.
The Submission must be in English; and
The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
The Submission must not disparage Promoter, Innovatis or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
The Submission must not feature brand names or trademarks other than Dell’s mark, which Entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate into his/her Submission for this Contest;
The Submission must not contain text not created by Entrant;
The Submission must not contain text that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
The Submission must not contain text that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
- Each Eligible Entrant may only submit one Prize Entry. Any additional Prize Entries submitted after the first valid Prize Entry received by the Promoter will be invalid.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected Registration Forms or any delays or failures in any telecommunications services or equipment. Registration Forms will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensive Registration Forms will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion to determine the identity of the entrant.
- There will be three (3) prize winners based on the three (3) most creative, inventive and thoughtful entries. The prize consists of Dell Technologies products for Small Business in the prize value up to individual amounts mentioned in clause 13.
- Total prize pool value is up to A$70,000 (including GST). Individual prize value is 1st place (1 winner) up to A$40,000 (including GST); 2nd place (1 winner) up to A$20,000 (including GST) and 3rd place (1 winner) up to A$10,000 (including GST) in Dell Technologies products for Small Business that equal up to the value of A$70,000 (including GST).
- If the winner of the prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from any winning of the prize and individuals entering the Contest should seek independent financial advice before entering the Contest.
- The stated value of the prize is correct at the commencement date of the Contest. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in value of the prizes or the individual components of the prizes. The prizes (whether in whole or in part) are non-transferrable, nonrefundable and non-redeemable for cash or other goods or services, unless otherwise specified.
- If for any reason any element of a prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a similar prize of equal or greater value and/or specification will be awarded to the winning Eligible Entrant in lieu.
Judging prize winners
18. A) Judging of the 7 finalists of the Contest will take place virtually by the Promoter’s judge from 23 October 2023 to 27 October 2023. The Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. B) Judging of the 3 winners of the Contest will take place virtually by the Promoter’s judge from 14 November 2023 to 28 November 2023. The Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
20. The winning Eligible Entrant will be notified in writing by the Promoter (or its agents) by 15 December 2023 of the judging of Prize Entries using the contact details provided in the Registration Form. The name of the prize winners will also be published on the Promoter’s DellANZ Instagram handle.
21. In the event that a winner of the prize cannot be contacted or fails to accept the prize within 3 months, then the prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will allocate the prize to another Eligible Entrant whose Prize Entry is also considered to be the most creative, inventive and thoughtful entry.
22. The winner must, if requested by the Promoter, verify their compliance with these Contest terms and conditions prior to receiving a prize. The required verification will be in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. If the winner that does not comply with this clause they will forfeit their prize.
Promotional and other obligations
- By entering the Contest, you agree that, in the event that your Prize Entry is selected as a winner of the prize referred to in these Contest terms and conditions, you will be available for reasonable publicity purposes related to the Contest and that (without limiting its rights), the Promoter may conduct interviews and take photographs to be used by the Promoter in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome) and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter, as it deems necessary.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Contest and Consumer Act (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered by you (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), or for personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of you taking part in, winning or using any of the prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; or (g) the use of a prize.
- Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
- the Content is the original [artistic/literary] work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968(Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
- As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, prohibition by the relevant authorities or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to (a) disqualify any entrant; or (b) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest as it sees fit. Any entry which is made as a result of tampering with the entry process will be invalid and not eligible for judging and/or any prizes.
- These Contest terms and conditions are to be construed in accordance with the law in New South Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.