Thank you to everyone who voted!
Thank you for supporting women entrepreneurs! We will announce the US DWEN Dream Tech winner in late August / early September. If you haven’t yet, watch our finalist’s videos, connect with them here in DWEN, and follow their boldest power moves on LinkedIn and Instagram!
No matter how you work, Dell and Microsoft have the right solution for you.
Avani Modi Sarkar
Khaliah O. Guillory
Founder & CEO
Nap Bar Inc.
Founder & CEO
Founder & President
In 2021, Kristian Rene at Campworks won the first grand prize cycle $60K of Dell Technology. During our second 2021 cycle, Chrishon Lampley, founder of Love Cork Screw, won the $40K grand prize. Kate Flynn, founder of Sun & Swell Foods, won second place for $15K worth of Dell technology, and Felicia Jackson, Founder of CPR Wrap, won up to $5K worth Dell tech!
- By applying to the DWEN Dream Tech Contest, you will automatically become a DWEN member!
- Must have a business with up to 100 employees registered within your country
- Business is female founded / co-founded or woman owned / co-owned
What happens next?
Voting is closed
End of summer | 3 winners!
We’ll announce the winner late August or early September
Not in the US? Visit our global Dream Tech page for more info about 2022 contest cycles in the UK, Australia, Germany, India, Japan, France and Brazil!
We want to hear your story!
Your next power move could be on us.
No matter how you work, Dell and Microsoft have the right solution for you.
Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network (DWEN) is a prestige networking community and resource organization designed for modern, future-focused women entrepreneurs (WEs) in pursuit of scale. In partnership with Microsoft, we’ve officially launched the 2022 DWEN Dream Tech Contest, a search for high-caliber women entrepreneurs who embrace tech as part of their growth strategy.
Let us hear it! We want to know how your business is unique, impactful or game-changing. Tell us about your most audacious business objectives and how you plan to meet them! The contest is open exclusively to US DWEN members. The US application cycle is open Monday, May 16 through June 30, ultimately wrapping with Dell technology awarded to three DWEN members by summer’s end. Our US grand prize winner will win up to $40K, second place $15K, and third place $5K.
Fill out the 2022 application below.
Meet our first winner, Kristian Rene
We launched our first ever DWEN Dream Tech Contest in the US in March of 2021, giving away up to $60K in Dell technology. Kristian Rene, Managing Partner & Co-Founder of Colorado Campworks & Quixotic became our grand prize winner. Learn more about her story here.
Meet our second winner, Chrishon Lampley
After a successful DWEN Dream Tech Contest, we hosted the second iteration in the fall of 2021. Chrishon Lampley, Founder of Love Cork Screw became our grand prize winner, receiving up to $40K Dell technology. Learn more about her story here.
SEE IT. WANT IT. OWN IT.
Join DWEN, a network where empowered women want to empower you.
DWEN Dream Tech Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. CONTEST OPEN TO DWEN MEMBERS, WITH A PROFILE ON DWEN.COM, THAT ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE (19 IN AL, DE AND NE; 21 IN MS) OR AGE OF MAJORITY WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN STATE OF RESIDENCE, AT THE DATE OF ENTRY INTO CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY. DO NOT PROCEEED IN THIS SITE IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the DWEN Dream Tech Contest(the “Contest”) You (“You”, “Your” or “Entrant”) hereby fully and unconditionally agree to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Any violation of these Official Rules will result in disqualification.
- Eligibility: The Contest is open only to DWEN members, with a profile on dwen.com, that are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old (nineteen (19) in AL, DE and NE; twenty-one (21) in MS), or age of majority, whichever is older in state of residence, at the date of entry into Contest. To be eligible you have to have a registered for profit business with 0-99 employees in the United States, you must be a woman Founder / Co-Founder, or woman Business Owner / Co-Owner of the company. Employees and representatives of Dell Inc., Innovatis, their subsidiaries, and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Government employees including all federal, state, county, city or municipal government employees, state funded universities and colleges, all types of public officials including elected officials, private individual or firms where the Government has outsourced Government functions, and K-12 employees are not eligible. Employees of the City of New York are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
NOTICE TO HEALTHCARE EMPLOYEES: If You are employed in the healthcare industry, prior to awarding any prizes You will be required to obtain certification that acceptance of the contest prize is permitted in accordance with applicable law and ethics policies of Your employer.
- Sponsor: Dell Marketing, L.P., One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682. Administrator: Innovatis.
- Timing: The Contest begins on May 16th, 2022 at 7:00 a.m. (“CT”) and applications end on June 30th, 2022 at 1:30 p.m. CT (the “Contest Period”) and consists of the following phases (“Phases”):
|Phase||Start Date||End Date|
|May 16, 2022 7:00 a.m. CT||June 30, 2022 1:30 p.m. CT|
(top 10 entries)
|July 4, 2022||July 15, 2022|
|Top 10 entries Upload Video||July 16, 2022 7:00 a.m. CT||Jul 24, 2022 1:30 p.m. CT|
|July 25, 2022||Aug 5, 2022|
|Judging on dwen.com/dreamtech|
Aug 8, 2022 8:00 a.m. CT
Aug 13, 2022 1:00 p.m. CT
|Internal / Legal||Aug 14, 2022||Aug 31, 2022|
|Winner Announcement||Sep 5, 2022||Sept 16, 2022|
Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter: Only DWEN members are eligible to participate. To become a DWEN member, you must fill out a short application (at: www.dwen.com/dreamtech), and opt-into becoming a DWEN member. Upon submission of the application, an email will be sent with a link to the contest registration form. For existing DWEN members a link to the contest registration form will be sent via email, but you can also apply as non-members would www.dwen.com/dreamtech. By entering this Contest you agree that your entry (Your Entry) conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor may disqualify You from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that Your Entry fails to conform to the Submission Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The Submission includes a fully completed contest registration form in text format developed by the organizer of the contest. After the contest registration form closes, 10 finalists will be chosen and contacted to submit a short video (approx. 3 min), introducing yourself, your company, and what goals and/or challenges would be addressed if you were to win the technology
- After the video submissions are closed, Dell will select 4 finalists whom will be voted on by the public on Instagram @DellSmallbiz
- The Submission must be in English; and
- The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means prior to submission.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, Innovatis or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
- The Submission must not feature brand names or trademarks other than Dell’s mark, which Entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate into his/her Submission for this Contest;
- The Submission must not contain text not created by Entrant;
- The Submission must not contain text that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain text that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
Each Entrant may enter the Contest one (1) time during the Contest Period. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Entrant must have permission from all individuals mentioned in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, Entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Uploading a Submission constitutes Entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes globally. If requested, Entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute regarding any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
YOUR REPRESENTATIONS: By submitting an Entry, You affirmatively represent that You have read and agree to these Official Rules. In addition, by submitting an Entry, You represent that (a) the Entry is original, (b) You are the sole creator of the Entry, (c) the Entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights, including, any patent, copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights of any third party, (d) the Entry has not previously been entered in any other contest or competition, and (e) the Entry has not been previously published in any medium, (f) the Entry does not violate any local, state, national or foreign laws.
U.S. DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT NOTICE
If You believe that Your work has been copied in any way without Your permission, please provide the following information to our agent to receive Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement identified below. Your notice must contain the following:
- Your electronic or physical signature;
- A description of the work You claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the work You claim infringes the copyrighted work and a description of where it is located on the Dell website;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the infringing use is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent or by law; and
- A statement by You, under penalty of perjury, that the above information in Your notice is accurate and that You are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our agent to receive Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement can be reached as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winner Determination: After the conclusion of the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Dell in its sole discretion will select top 10 entries from among all eligible Entries received, based on an application of the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”).
Selection of top 10 entries:
- Completeness of application form (15%);
- Compelling business story: Unique products or services offered; Driving community or sustainability impact; Technology as an essential component of business / growth plan (35%)
- Fit to Contest Theme – A compelling technology need to grow your business (50%)
Selection of four semi-finalists:
The top 10 entries will be prompted to submit a 3 min video and provide a summary of how the prize would help their business and a high resolution photo of the owner/entrepreneur. From these video entries, 4 semi-finalists will be selected for the DWEN.com voting phase. The 4 semi-finalists will be selected according to the below criteria:
- Creativity/Originality of video submission (15%);
- Completeness of application form (15%);
- Compelling business story: Unique products or services offered; Driving community or sustainability impact; Technology as an essential component of business / growth plan (20%)
- Fit to Contest Theme – A compelling technology need to grow your business (50%)
Selection of three winners:
DWEN.com will be the place where the three winners will be selected. Each of the 4 semi-finalists will be added to a poll which will be open Aug 8 – Aug 13. The contestants will be encouraged to promote the contest on their social media handles and drive people to the poll on dwen.com The short videos the contestants recorded for the semifinal round, will live on dwen.com so voters can deep dive into their story a bit more. Only organic and authentic votes will be counted as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (e.g. purchased likes or “bot” likes will not be counted).
- Winner Requirements: The top 10 entries will be notified by email, mail or phone on or around July 15, Last 4 semi-finalists will be notified around August 5th and the three finalists between September 5-16th. Except where prohibited, each potential winner will be required to sign and return to Innovatis or Dell within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and a valid W9 form (for prizes exceeding $600 in retail value), which must be received by Innovatis / Dell within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), does not comply with these Official Rules, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up determined by the qualified judges, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Each winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. By entering, You agree that You are in compliance with all of Your employers’ rules, policies, and procedures that relate to accepting prizes. Each winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms and these Official Rules. Prizes will be ordered within 2 months after the winner announcement.
- Prizes:The winners will be assisted by a Dell Technologies advisor who will help determine the Dell products and solutions depending on the technology needs of your business. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of up to: $40,000 USD for 1st place, $15,000 USD for 2nd place and $5,000 USD for 3rd place. The actual value of the grand prize is subject to the winner’s technology needs and price fluctuations in the marketplace, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes not manufactured or sold by Dell will be awarded without warranty of any kind, express or implied, without limitation. Prizes awarded will not in any way influence any decision in doing business with Dell. Prize was not given in connection with or related to any sale or commercial transaction or promise related thereto. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. The winning business is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per business. Total ARV of grand prize up to: $40,000 USD (1st place), $15,000 USD (2nd place) and $5,000 USD (3rd place).
- Release: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Dell Marketing L.P., Innovatis and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest, the content of your video, or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or contestant it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner (including purchasing “likes” or followers) and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing, typographical, omission or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission. If by reason of a printing, typographical, technical, computer, network, human or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by United States District Court for the Western District of Texas and the Texas State District Court in Williamson County, Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
- Winner List: For a winner list, visit dwen.com/dreamtech. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
- Mailing List Name Removal Notification System: If You would like Your name removed from Sponsor’s mailing list visit www.dell.com/optout. [This section may be deleted if You are not promoting Your Contest through Direct Mail].